A leading information and advisory services company is looking for a Senior Analyst to join a dynamic and growing team of Services, Channels SMB and Start Up analysts to help develop, articulate and drive the research of the company’s European Channels & Alliances Practices. London preferred, but other European locations considered.
The successful candidate will be expected to play an active role in driving growth in the practice, helping to create awareness and participating in marketing initiatives including webinars, podcasts and events. Additionally, a key expectation of the role will be to build relationships within the channel and vendor community. There will also be opportunities to raise the profile of the company’s European Channels & Alliances practice through public speaking engagements and media interviews.
The successful candidate will take on a key role in contributing to the practice's research agenda by:
· Publishing thought leadership research papers around channel dynamics and eco-system trends.
· Providing insightful and relevant comments on industry relevant events.
· Participate in and play a key role in supporting the practice lead host market intelligence briefings and partner advisory board.
· Being a trusted advisor to the practice's clients.
· Support business development initiatives.
· Participate in and play a key role in custom research and consulting projects.
· The role will involve some travel, predominately in Europe but occasionally to other regions.
Suitable candidates will need to have the following skills and experience:
· Have strong exposure to or working within the channel and a strong understanding of the broader ICT eco-system.
· Highly motivated, self-sufficient and confident with strong interviewing, writing, presentation and client interaction skills. These capabilities will ideally have been developed over the past 3 to 5 years in a recognized channel focused role either in product management, strategy, operations, or journalism.
· Comes from either an analyst, consulting or technology media background.
· Demonstrates a deep-seated understanding the channel landscape, the relationship between vendors and their partners, the impact of technology trends on the channel, and an understanding of the dynamics of partnering (partner programs and so on). This knowledge will have been gained through the ongoing analysis of channel developments and supplemented by a network of contacts.
· Excellent written and verbal English skills, European language would be advantageous.