New in! Knowledge Manager (Tax)
Professional services firm requires a Knowledge Manager to help leverage the tax practice skills and expertise to improve efficiency and reduce risk in their tax advisory work. Whilst a knowledge of tax is desirable, the primary focus is on knowledge sharing (primarily but not exclusively of specialist tax technical materials, knowledge and expertise). You will be required to facilitate efficient management and accessibility of technical materials and other resources and promoting an embedded culture of knowledge sharing.
Main responsibilities include:
- Working with tax partners and staff by initiating and encouraging the collection and sharing of valuable information and materials for sharing with specialist groups and client service teams.
- Working with tax partners and staff to identify detailed tax specialist knowledge and experience to facilitate efficient and appropriate specialist support and teamworking.
- Reviewing client relationship management data to identify individuals who have successfully leveraged particular tax ideas and issues and working with them to understand key learning points.
- Managing the ongoing efficient collection, recording, distribution, ongoing review and maintenance of valuable tax technical, tax business development and tax operations manual materials.
- Working with tax technical officers, tax specialist groups and others as appropriate, to extract high value data and learning points from materials collected from tax partners and staff.
- Working with tax partners and tax specialist groups to identify requirements for additional technical training and contributing to the development and delivery of appropriate courses and support materials.
- Contributing to organising, collecting articles for and producing the firm’s monthly Tax Technical Update.
- Maintaining and utilising knowledge management technical knowledge to identify and consider application of new and improved methods of knowledge sharing and efficient processes.
- Providing technical support, guidance and support to resolve issues on knowledge management matters, including queries raised by the firm’s tax partners and staff.
- Identifying additional knowledge management requirements or options for the tax practice.
- Supporting work to leverage materials produced and articles for the professional press for external marketing purposes.
- Attending regular tax technical and other team calls and meetings.
To be considered for this role you will need the following skills and experience:
- A suitable technical qualification is preferred but not essential.
- A basic working knowledge of UK tax is preferred.
- Professional services firm background.
- The ability to manage projects to ensure delivery of own and others’ work within agreed timeframes.
- Excellent interpersonal skills - personable, approachable and outgoing in nature.
- Flexible, diligent, resilient and efficient to deliver work on time, often with limited support.
- Responsive and proactive approach.
- Team worker and facilitator.
CB Resourcing operates as both an employment agency and an employment business. Applicants will need to be able to provide us with proof of their eligibility to work in the UK on request.