Director of Knowledge Management, Bristol
Top 100 law firm requires a Director of Knowledge Management to be based from their Bristol offices.
To lead and manage the delivery of Knowledge Management services across the firm in support of firm wide strategy.
The Director of Knowledge Management will work with senior stakeholders to:
- develop a firm-wide knowledge management strategy, building on a recent strategic review of knowledge
- develop detailed department and service area knowledge management plans
- develop and implement resourcing recommendations and plan to deliver the strategy
- ensure the successful implementation of the agreed knowledge strategy year-on-year building on, and refreshing the knowledge strategy
Technology and new methods of working are key to staying relevant and delivering value, so being enthusiastic and engaged with technology and how it can be adopted to support legal service delivery are very important.
Drive continual knowledge management service improvement, including the evaluation and exploitation of new technologies and resolving issues and barriers impacting on knowledge management service delivery.
Develop a cross-firm knowledge community by facilitating communication and coordination between key stakeholders, the wider Knowledge team, Business Service Heads, Industry Heads, Department Heads, Business Support Services and IT.
- Working with Department Heads and Industry Heads to ensure appropriate provision of Knowledge to the Departments and Industries.
- Working with Business Development and Marketing to support effective knowledge sharing arising from the information gathered and generated by the team from Bids, Directory Submissions, Quotes and other sources.
- Working with HR and the Risk & Best Practice team to ensure alignment of Knowledge Management with Professional Regulatory training requirements.
- Working with the Business Development and Marketing team to build a client-facing knowledge offering.
- Working with the Business Services Management team as an active and supportive member of the team.
- Working with the Director of Transformation and Operations on firm wide productivity and efficiency.
The successful candidate will possess many of the following qualifications and characteristics:
- Significant experience of a similar role in a similarly sized or larger professional services environment, preferably a law firm.
- Confident leader and communicator, excellent written and verbal communication skills and with the gravitas and ability to command attention, create and deliver to strategy, deliver presentations to large and small groups and adjust communication style to the audience.
- Experience in planning and implementing change across large organisations, with multiple offices.
- Experience of managing change in a regulated environment, to a budget within defined and sometimes tight timeframes.
- Strategic thinker able to assess the firm’s future needs in a fast-evolving legal and professional services marketplace, and align knowledge management initiatives accordingly.
- An interest in and knowledge of, technological advances and their potential impact on the efficient and effective delivery of legal services. A willingness to explore and adopt new systems and technology and consider how they could be successfully applied in the context of knowledge. Knowledge and experience of knowledge management systems, artificial intelligence, document automation and document collaboration helpful.
- A creative and commercial thinker who will come forward with new ideas and approaches.
- Ability to motivate and persuade lawyers, Partners and support staff to contribute knowledge and learnings and then use those assets in the course of their day-to-day work.
- Oversight of Knowledge Management and Information services budgets.