Windows / Applications Deployment Engineer
An IT Support Engineer with experience in Windows / application deployment is required by a Surrey based Higher Education institution. This role would be suitable either for someone with previous experience as a specialist around SCCM, or a candidate with some previous experience in deployments that would be seeking to specialize.
The core responsibilities and objectives of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Deploying packaged applications across an estate consisting of 1000’s of users, both academic and students
- Managing Windows 10 image maintenance for open access labs, teaching facilities and libraries
- Assuming the lead for service strategy. This includes virtualization and application packaging
- Utilizing SCCM, MDT and Ghost deployment tools
- Working within a wider team of 8 Desktop/IT Support Analysts
- Managing multiple ongoing deployment projects
- Assisting with broader desktop support responsibilities in support of, and to cover other team members
Suitable candidates will need to have the following skills and experience:
- Previous experience in Desktop Support or a similar broad IT Support role, preferably in a large enterprise environment
- Experience with application packaging and deployment using tools such as SCCM, MDT and Ghost
- Experience with Active Directory to include GPO and PowerShell
- Previous exposure to a structured IT service delivery and support framework, ideally ITIL
- Very strong customer facing and relationship building skills
- Previous experience managing projects
- Ideally, a degree in a related discipline and/or professional qualification
In addition to the basic salary, this role offers an extremely generous pension scheme and considerable holiday allowance.
CB Resourcing operates as both an employment agency and an employment business. Applicants will need to be able to provide us with proof of their eligibility to work in the UK upon request.