A government body based in North East London is recruiting a temporary Information Management Officer to start ASAP for 3 months.
The focus of the role is to ensure corporate Information Governance and Records Management policies and procedures are applied consistently to their information assets. Ensure delivery of a high-quality user experience, including fit for purpose systems, and high standards of access, availability, usability, usefulness and excellent standards of service. Carry out the full range of tasks associated with the management of information and records.
The role will include the following:
- Maintaining effective information handling procedures.
- Take responsibility for procedures required to manage formal information access requests, for example requests made under Data Protection, Freedom of Information, Subject Access requests and other relevant legislation and regulation.
- Apply formal data structures and protection measures, to ensure that information is available and searchable.
- Implement information handling procedures, including identifying opportunities for further process improvement and implementing changes as a result.
- Take responsibility for the protection of multiple subsets of information, ensuring that the information is available, accessible, and can be retrieved as required.
In order to be considered for this role, you will need the following skills and experience:
- Proficient in techniques for identifying, gathering and validating customers’ needs in the delivery of Information Management services.
- Familiar with the application of automated tools which enable selective access to information.
- Familiar with tools and techniques which can be used to document an understanding of the structure, relationships and use of information within an organisation.
- An information management related degree or equivalent qualification, or experience that supports the skills and abilities required for the post.
- Experience dealing with requests relating to FoI, DPA, subject access and other relevant legislation and regulation in a UK public body.
CB Resourcing operates as both an employment agency and an employment business. Applicants will need to be able to provide us with proof of their eligibility to work in the UK on request.