Tax Technical and Operations - Assistant Manager
Something different! Professional services firm requires a Tax Technical and Operations - Assistant Manager to support the work of the Tax practice, by ensuring that the client facing teams are equipped with the knowledge and tools required to offer excellent client service delivery. You will also provide support to the tax practice by issuing appropriate internal technical updates, guidance and client facing materials on technical issues that impact the firm’s business and clients. This role is also a bit different from the norm as the firm is looking for somebody, ideally with a tax professional qualification, to take on a more junior role in support of other members of the Tax team. Whilst it is a full-time role, the firm can offer flexibility for the individual to balance their work and home life than might be available in a client facing role.
Main responsibilities include:
- Provide specific operational and technical support and guidance on issues identified by the firm’s tax partners, staff and specialist groups as required.
- Project managing, preparing and delivering certain operational reports to senior stakeholders.
- Taking responsibility for developing and driving delivery of certain operational and technical projects, keeping stakeholders apprised as appropriate.
- Spotting opportunities to improve the efficiency of operational processes and procedures, taking account of operational and technical risks and commercial factors.
- Contributing to the preparation of clear and appropriately concise tax briefings, updates and other business development and delivery support materials for clients and targets.
- Supporting the tax team in reviewing and updating the firm’s external tax web pages, tax faculty intranet site and tax operations manual and developing the firm’s various tax technical information resources.
- Maintaining and recording the firm’s operational policies and updating standard documents and tax compliance and advisory delivery and business development material.
- Assist tax technical officers with technical research to assist in providing responses to client related technical queries.
- Supporting the drafting, editing and review of training and workshop day presentation materials in collaboration with the specialist groups and learning and development team.
To be considered for this role you will need the following skills and experience:
- A suitable technical qualification is preferred but not essential.
- The ability to communicate clearly and concisely to a variety of audiences, ranging from the technically advanced to non-tax specialists.
- The ability to manage own input to projects to ensure delivery of work within agreed timeframes.
- Flexibility and resilience to deliver work remotely.
- Professional services background
CB Resourcing operates as both an employment agency and an employment business. Applicants will need to be able to provide us with proof of their eligibility to work in the UK on request.