An international financial services organisation based in central London is looking for a Senior Records Manager to lead the records management function. This role will require people and project management skills in the area of information management, records management and archives.
The role will involve the following:
- Leading the records management function including staff management.
- Developing and maintaining the records management procedures to meet business requirements and ensure compliance with relevant legislation and regulations, with special emphasis on electronic records.
- Establish best practice and ensure compliance with records management standards through awareness of current developments and new technologies and through links with external records services from other similar organisations.
- Manage the electronic document management system.
- Identify opportunities for lean and effective records management practices, such as process automation, records digitalisation
- Oversee off-site storage operations.
- Lead on the records management training programme and communication campaigns to raise awareness of RM and archival practices.
- Coach business stakeholders about better use of systems and practices
- Measure and monitor customer satisfaction of RM effectiveness and how they meet business objectives.
- Propose new initiatives.
- Advise IT on projects with a RM component.
- Managing projects such as the roll out of technical capabilities (OpenText, Office 365, automation).
To be considered for this role, you will need the following skills and experience:
- University degree or extensive work experience in Records Management, including management of electronic records, preferably in a multi-cultural organisation.
- Managerial experience with proven ability to motivate and guide staff and to foster team playing in order to deliver the business goals.
- Developing and implementing information management policies
- Excellent technical knowledge of electronic records and document management systems
- Computer literate: Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Excellent leadership and coaching skills
- Excellent communications skills- ability to communicate appropriate and concise information, in written and verbal formats.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to generate and drive projects, ability to generate new initiatives and to work creatively
- Ability to work independently, to tackle issues and propose practical solutions
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Flexible in working hours and willingness to travel
- Fluent English and another European language are desirable.
CB Resourcing operates as both an employment agency and an employment business. Applicants will need to be able to provide us with proof of their eligibility to work in the UK upon request.