Hot off the press! Senior Business Researcher, Global top 10 law firm is looking for a Senior Business Researcher to work effectively with the firm's partners in various practice groups to scope ideas, develop the firm's products and win bespoke work. The Business Researcher will also be required to proactively identify opportunities, liaise with fee earners and the Business Development community, offering their expertise and input in respect of the best use of their information assets, and the most relevant approach to supporting the firm’s research requirements. You will be required to use a variety of sources to provide considered, comprehensive research outputs that support the firm. This involves interpreting data, analyzing trends and writing reports.
This position is more akin to an internal consultant rather than a reactive data manipulator and is high profile and visible. You will have an incredible opportunity to work with one of the most innovative, forward thinking law firms in the City.
- Interviewing requesters to understand and scope their needs and requirements
- Selecting the appropriate sources and on occasion identifying new sources to address the needs of the users
- Producing research branded reports to provide in-depth analysis of clients/sectors and highlighting business opportunities
- Providing research support to external clients on an ad hoc or project basis
- Identifying opportunities to use information assets to develop new research branded reports as the business requires
- Providing recommendations on research approach, the merits of different data sets in support of firm initiatives and projects
- Building stakeholder engagement, designing products and testing them with users
- Identifying key data providers and then working with colleagues to facilitate positive, efficient outcomes
- Assessing the cost (both monetary and in terms of staff time) of products and making recommendations on their implementation
- Evaluating new information sources and making recommendations as and when required
- Producing user guides to aid the transfer of knowledge to others, providing advice and support in the roll out of new products
To be considered for this role you will need the following skills and experience:
- Excellent all round research skills, covering business, sector and financial research
- Strong writing skills, including the ability to abstract and summarize complex arguments and draw conclusions that align to the firm’s interests and/or help to identify opportunities
- Numerical fluency and the ability to present data in an effective way, either through graphics or text
- Ability to build and develop relationships at all levels of the organization and have credibility
- Strong technical skills in key financial products, particularly Bloomberg and Thomson Reuters
- Experience of creating reports using the functionality of Word and Powerpoint, and competency in the use of Excel
CB Resourcing operates as both an employment agency and an employment business. Applicants will need to be able to provide us with proof of their eligibility to work in the UK on request.