Research Manager – SMB / Startup Technology Landscape
A global leader in the field of advisory and research in the IT and consumer technology field has a requirement for a Research Manager to build a research practice for the European SMB and Start-up marketplace.
In this Research Manager role, the successful candidate will have the following objectives:
- Delivering the research agenda around the SMB landscape and developing a new practice around the start-up ecosystem
- Providing guidance to vendors with respect to engaging SMB’s and start-up’s
- The SMB program will look at how SMB customers (end users) are purchasing technology and will look at vendor strategies targeting the SMB sector.
- Assuming a thought leadership role, participating in media interviews and representing the firm for related events and conferences
- Supporting business development, marketing and account management functions
The successful candidate for this Research Manager role will possess the following skills and experience:
- An established Research Manager, Lead or Senior researcher with experience in the market intelligence or related sector
- A strong network of contacts, or existing industry presence. Preferably aligned to either startup or SMB
- A broad technology research background encompassing topics such as hardware, cloud and services
- Considerable research, analysis and reporting expertise
- Exposure or previous experience in go-to-market strategy
- Exceptional networking, customer facing and presentation skills
- Ideally, a related degree
CB Resourcing operates as both an employment agency and an employment business. Applicants will need to be able to provide us with proof of their eligibility to work in the UK upon request.