Research Manager, law firm
New role! Global US law firm requires a Research Manager to join their Global Research and Competitive Intelligence team based in London. The team is responsible for a range of services including delivering research products to support the firm's Partners’ and business development activities. This role also supports the Global Research Lead in shaping and delivering the firm’s research strategy and programs.
Main responsibilities include:
- Work closely with the Global Research Lead to develop and implement the Practice Development Research and Competitive Intelligence strategy and associated products and services.
- Design, launch and lead a variety of delivery initiatives that will be critical to the Global Research and Competitive Intelligence team’s success, including the development of account-based research services, self-service enablement and outsourced research support.
- Support the Global Research Lead in developing processes to review and monitor the research strategy and its impact.
- Assist in managing a global service that is conscious of local requirements and preferences whilst retaining a common and global approach.
- Help set and maintain quality standards and service levels for research outputs and deliverables.
- Support a culture of continuous improvement to ensure research strategy and deliverables continue to adapt and evolve.
- Act as subject matter expert with regard to research competencies and operations.
- Assist in optimising the use of external content and vendor licenses to ensure research output is leveraging the best/most appropriate content.
- Work with the Global Research Lead and other Practice Development team members to ensure products remain aligned with the firm’s business priorities.
To be considered for this role you will need the following skills and experience:
- Post graduate qualification in an information, research or business-related discipline preferred.
- Proven track record of delivering research in a commercial or professional services organization. Legal background an advantage.
- Minimum five years’ experience in a business research, strategic analysis and/or competitive intelligence role.
- Ability to interpret and translate business requirements into relevant research projects.
- Confident in scoping complex requests effectively and robustly, gathering feedback to ensure continuous improvement.
- Specialist knowledge and experience of engaging with third-party and/or outsourced research agencies to deliver impactful research programs.
- Understanding of, and ability to use, both qualitative and quantitative research methods, including financial analysis skills.
- Comfortable with effective business writing and structured thinking methodologies.
- Excellent understanding of the critical success criteria for a high-quality research and competitive intelligence function.
- Ability to engage and influence senior stakeholders and collaborate effectively with peers across practice areas and regions.
CB Resourcing operates as both an employment agency and an employment business. Applicants will need to be able to provide us with proof of their eligibility to work in the UK on request.