Research Director – Technology in Public Services
A Research Director is required by a global leader in market intelligence and advisory services aligned specifically to IT and consumer technology. This is a senior role with considerable public facing responsibility and accountability for the research agenda around insight into the use of technology in the delivery of public services in Western Europe.
In this Research Director role, the responsibilities and objectives include, but are not limited to:
- Setting an agenda for research into the areas around how technology disrupts and transforms the delivery of public services
- Delivery of a research programme around the governments use of technology to achieve policy objectives
- Delivering multiple custom and syndicated research projects
- Produce compelling and insightful thought leadership pieces
- Presenting to clients, to industry and to the public. Acting in the capacity of a thought leader / SME
- Contributing internally to marketing, business development and consulting engagements
- Leveraging a world-wide internal network of analysts and building a strong industry network
To be a suitable candidate for this Research Director requirement, candidates will need the following:
- Experience in a similarly aligned role such as Research Director, Research Lead or Head of Research
- A background within industry, from a consulting or market intelligence firm
- Demonstrable experience within the use of technology in the delivery of public services. E.g. Smart Cities or IOT Ecosystem.
- A deep understanding of the technology, key vendors and buyers that comprise these ecosystems
- Experience in thought leadership roles including creating insightful and compelling content, presenting to industry and developing a network of industry experts
- Comfortable with global travel, particularly to related industry events and conferences
CB Resourcing operates as both an employment agency and an employment business. Applicants will need to be able to provide us with proof of their eligibility to work in the UK on request.