A leading US law firm has a new opportunity for a Reference and Research Specialist to commence as soon as possible. Working as part of a small team the successful candidate will provide the firm's lawyers and support staff globally with a professional and comprehensive research and information service.
- carrying out legal, business and reference research requests using hard copy and online resources
- providing press searches
- liaising with colleagues to procure interlibrary loans
- checking in and managing the journals collection
- delivering training and inductions for new joiners
- cataloguing and managing the collection
- preparing and writing reports
- arranging external procurement of information sources
- assisting with loose-leaf filing
In order to be considered for this role the successful candidate will have:
- a recognised Information/Library qualification or equivalent
- sound knowledge of legal resources such as Westlaw, Lexis, Kluwer and Justis and advanced research techniques
- basic knowledge of cataloguing, acquisitions and journals management
- excellent attention to detail
- strong organisational skills
- the ability to communicate well with colleagues at all levels across the firm
Whilst the working hours aren’t anticipated to be extensive, some flexibility to work overtime when required would be appreciated.
CB Resourcing operates as both an employment agency and an employment business. Applicants will need to be able to provide us with proof of their eligibility to work in the UK upon request.