A global law firm is looking for a Part Time Librarian (Bibliothécaire documentaliste/Documentaliste juridique) for their Paris office. This role provides general and specialist research and reference services as well maintaining the library collection.
The role includes the following responsibilities:
- Handling legal, corporate and financial research enquiries using relevant legal and business services.
- Monitoring daily legislative and regulatory developments.
- Providing a news and current awareness service as required.
- Training users on research techniques.
- Maintaining subscriptions, processing invoices, managing contracts, circulating print and electronic publications.
- Loose-leaf filing.
- Maintaining the hard copy collection.
- Evaluating new research resources for the collection.
To be considered for this role, you will need the following skills and experience:
- Education to degree level preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of one-year experience gained working in a library.
- Familiarity with legal materials desired.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in French and English.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a collaborative team.
- Ability to read and interpret general business documents, instructions and manuals, write routine business correspondence, and speak effectively with employees, clients, and vendors
CB Resourcing operates as both an employment agency and an employment business. Applicants will need to be able to provide us with proof of their eligibility to work in Europe on request.