A university library has a 3 month contract for a Liaison Librarian to start asap. Working as part of medical-related faculties you will play a key role in providing library support for academic work (including research) of the staff and students.
Key responsibilities include:
- developing close links with specified departments within a School (eg attending meetings, boards of study, formal and informal events) and liaising with academic and administrative staff to become embedded into the faculty
- promoting and supporting all library and student support services and initiatives within specified departments
- participating in the development and delivery of information literacy programmes using new and developing technology
- developing self-instructional materials for students and staff in the use of learning and information resources (hard copy and online)
- giving online information and support through websites, the VLE and other platforms
- delivering information skills sessions for students to ensure effective use of the library and support services
- taking part in departmental and university activities which occur during evenings and at weekends such as teaching sessions, open evenings etc.
- managing resources for the specified departments and liaising closely with members of the Bibliographic Services team regarding acquisition of new materials
- reviewing subscriptions (online and print) with other members of the team and academic staff to ensure collections develop in accordance with teaching and research priorities
- managing the information resources budget for designated subject areas and contributing to decision making about future spending
- assisting with selecting and recruiting staff
In order to be considered for this role candidates will need to have:
- a degree and a postgraduate qualification in Librarianship/Information Management
- experience of delivering academic support services at higher education level
- experience of designing and delivering information skills workshops and teaching information skills
- an awareness of current issues in HE
- excellent communication and presentation skills
- the ability to manage budgets effectively
- the willingness and ability to work evenings and weekends
CB Resourcing operates as both an employment agency and an employment business. Applicants will need to be able to provide us with proof of their eligibility to work in the UK on request.