Learning Technologist – Moodle
A leading University on the outskirts of London and the M25 has a requirement for Learning Technologist to assist in the development of Moodle capability. This role would suit someone that has a passion for Moodle, understands the capabilities of the product and has the drive to work with multiple stakeholders (developers, vendors, faculty leaders) to evangelize and move the use of Moodle to the next level.
The objectives and responsibilities of the Learning Technologist include, but are not limited to:
- Engaging with heads of faculty to establish their e-learning objectives and aspirations, and how they can develop Moodle to achieve these.
- Operating as conduit between key stakeholders and the technology vendors
- Working closely with a Moodle development function
- Support in the definition and execution of the wider strategy for the e-learning portfolio of applications
- Providing elements of support in line with the wider IT service management function
Suitable candidates for the Learning Technologist requirement will need the following:
- Experience contributing to the development of learning platforms as part of the broader student journey
- A passion for Moodle and the drive to engage with stakeholders to push the capability of the product
- A strong understanding of Moodle in terms of capability, future development and how the product interacts with other platforms and applications
- A broad understanding of the platforms and applications that comprise learning technology environments
- Some experience of running small projects in a structured framework
- Ideally, some experience operating in an IT support capacity and the industry standard service management frameworks such ITIL
- Degree educated, or relevant professional qualifications
CB Resourcing operates as both an employment agency and an employment business. Applicants will need to be able to provide us with proof of their eligibility to work in the UK upon request.