A law firm based in central London is looking to recruit an experienced Knowledge Management Officer to join their knowledge management team. The team drive knowledge sharing across the organisation by maximising the utilisation of the existing knowledge systems and available resources and helping to promote the development of new and innovative solutions.
The role will include the following:
- Supporting the growth in quality precedents and other know how uploaded to the firm’s central knowhow database.
- Establishing a role as day to day central point of contact regarding knowledge systems and knowhow.
- Training, communications and attending face to face meetings to raise the profile of the knowledge management team, promoting its services and encouraging contribution.
- Providing advice and support on how to use our technology solutions and platforms
- Helping with the delivery of training to existing staff and new joiners.
- Creating and keeping up-to-date user guides and training materials on how to use the firm's knowledge systems.
- Working closely with the intranet’s content editors to ensure they are posting, editing and tagging content correctly.
- Coordinating the regular running of statistical usage reports and analysis of the firm’s knowledge systems.
- Helping the Knowledge Manager with the ongoing maintenance and review of the firm’s legal taxonomies.
- Helping the Knowledge Manager to evolve and deliver KM projects, including trialling proposed new systems/features and providing feedback and recommendations.
To be considered for this role, you will need the following skills and experience:
- At least two to three years’ experience of working in a knowledge management or information services role in a legal, corporate or professional services environment.
- Experience of working with intranet/content management systems and/or knowledge systems.
- An undergraduate degree, similar higher education or equivalent experience.
- Master’s in Information Science or similar (desired but not essential).
- An aptitude for using technology and be highly computer literate, including familiarity with MS Office, database software and typical office IT systems generally.
- Effective interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with people at all levels.
- Training will be provided on all systems used.
CB Resourcing operates as both an employment agency and an employment business. Applicants will need to be able to provide us with proof of their eligibility to work in the UK upon request.