A global law firm is looking for a Knowledge Lawyer for a 6-month contract to be based in their London office. This role reports to the Head of Knowledge Management and is based in the knowledge management team.
The role will include the following responsibilities:
- Developing and supporting a knowledge sharing culture.
- Developing communities of practice, creating and maintaining online knowledge hubs/repositories and devising solutions to surface specific legal expertise, specialisms and insights.
- Gathering, reviewing/editing and organising collections of useful knowledge for fee earners, including managing the process of capturing such knowledge across the firm.
- Reviewing and maintaining standard documents, templates, checklists, practice manuals and similar tools to enable lawyers to deliver high quality service consistently to clients.
- Managing, developing and maintaining the firm’s knowledge systems.
- Working with lawyers to identify their legal technical training needs and reviewing/developing training and materials where required.
- Monitoring legal developments to help ensure lawyers are kept up to date with relevant developments in the law and practice.
- Driving and contributing to knowledge projects and initiatives.
In order to be considered for this role, you will need the following skills and experience:
- Previous Knowledge Lawyer or PSL experience is essential.
- Experience working in a law firm.
- Strong legal drafting skills
- Good technical skills – Microsoft applications
- Strong legal research skills
- The ability to communicate complex issues with clarity
CB Resourcing operates as both an employment agency and an employment business. Applicants will need to be able to provide us with proof of their eligibility to work in the UK on request.