A public sector body working with the voluntary and community sector is looking for a Knowledge and Learning Manager (Taxonomy and Metadata) to start immediately until end of March 2020. This role can be based in either London or Birmingham.
You will help the organisation develop their latest project which has seen them create a central, searchable location for key documents, knowledge and information. It brings together what they know and who knows what in one place.
This role will include the following tasks:
- Develop and implement metadata and taxonomy standards for cataloguing evidence and learning from their funding.
- Develop and implement simple document management systems and processes for the Knowledge Bank and Evidence Library
- Make recommendations for continuous improvement of their information management.
- Implement and maintain standards to ensure consistency across document libraries (internal and external) and effective retrieval.
- Coach and develop staff, and work across departments to embed new approaches to storing and organising information.
To be considered for this role, you will need the following skills and experience:
- Understanding of information classification techniques including metadata, taxonomies or cataloguing.
- A track record in developing and implementing a corporate taxonomy or information management system.
- Pragmatic with the ability to implement ‘good enough’ solutions at pace.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain strong working relationships across teams that are diverse and geographically dispersed.
- Strong planning and organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise, meet deadlines, and take personal responsibility for overcoming challenges and deliver to a fixed deadline.
- An awareness of key issues of relevance to the voluntary and community sector, ability to effectively undertake subject analysis and term selection, that avoids bias and is accessible and comprehensible to a generalist audience.
- Understanding of SharePoint and Office 365
They offer a competitive salary plus excellent benefits.
- £31,338 - £41,564 Birmingham pro rata
- £34,472 - £45,721 London pro rata
CB Resourcing operates as both an employment agency and an employment business. Applicants will need to be able to provide us with proof of their eligibility to work in the UK on request.