Interim role! A leading private equity investor requires an Interim Knowledge Manager to help the firm develop a knowledge management strategy. With numerous deal and investment teams both producing research and content,as well as drawing on external content providers for research, it has become apparent that there is a lack of consistency in approach to knowledge capture and sharing within the organisation.
The outcome of this project: to improve investment making decisions, make faster decisions and support due diligence
A requirement has been identified to:
- Create a knowledge management strategy in conjunction with senior stakeholders
- Build sector-based communities of practice
- Manage relationships with external content providers and make sure the right resources are being employed
- Capture ‘what is important’ from shared knowledge
- Create a fit for purpose knowledge base within SharePoint
- Facilitate experience sharing
- Sanitise confidential documents for repurposing
The primary focus of this contract will be to:
- Collate and curate a deals database within SharePoint and Appian drawing on knowledge from due diligence papers from up to 70 investments per year as well as the past library of papers. (Due diligence papers will contain market overviews with sector knowledge and other insights that are currently duplicated with each deal.
- Whilst engaging with investment teams, draw KPI and financial data to input into the central reporting systems. The interim must understand investment workflows to ensure they spot any differences in how teams are reporting data to ensure it is reported consistently.
With the potential to evolve into:
- Codifying approach to value creation
- Mapping internal expertise and experience
Profile of suitable candidates:
- Ideally understand PE deal process, could come from a law firm that deals with M&A, involved in the deal side, strategy consultancy or financial services
- Must know KM techniques and processes, gamification? cultural change, need to be diplomatic
- The ability to understand a wide range of industry content and which areas are important.
- Be able to engage and build credibility with a sophisticated audience with high expectations
Initially a 6 month interim assignment to demonstrate value to the partnership.