A leading law firm with offices across the UK is looking for an Information Officer to be based in their Bristol office. This role is based in a team of information professionals providing information services and support to staff. The focus of the role is ensuring that fee-earners have up to date and accurate information available to them.
The role will include the following:
- Responding to fee-earners enquiries for legal, business and news research or document supply.
- Providing a pro-active current awareness service.
- Books, journal, serial and library catalogue management.
- Induction training for new fee-earners and training to others on request. This may involve occasional travel to other offices.
To be considered for this role, you will need the following skills and experience:
- Experience in a legal or commercial library or research centre.
- Good working knowledge of the major legal databases (Practical Law, Lexis, Westlaw and Lawtel).
- Research experience - self-motivation and the ability to work to demanding deadlines.
- A team player who strives to help others and enjoys working collaboratively with colleagues.
- You will be comfortable working with lawyers at all levels and have strong communication skills.
- You will be of graduate level, ideally with a degree or postgraduate qualification in information management or equivalent practical experience.
CB Resourcing operates as both an employment agency and an employment business. Applicants will need to be able to provide us with proof of their eligibility to work in the UK upon request.