A membership body based in Derbyshire are looking to appoint an Information and Knowledge Co-ordinator. This is a newly created role to assist in the establishment and running of a new knowledge centre/ digital library and their physical library and archive.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Competently input into the digital library design for the new knowledge centre.
- Source and research historical, newly published and emerging publications as potential additions to the digital repository.
- Evaluate digital and physical papers, books and other resources for consideration as additions to the digital library – ensuring agreed quality and compliance measures are applied and appropriate cataloguing/labelling rules are used.
- Manage and maintain digital library content on a day to day basis, optimising the systems for storing and delivering digital content to the end user.
- Anticipate, research and report on current and potential information and records needs.
- Publicise services to stakeholders and endeavor to expand the use of Knowledge Centre resources.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with partner organisations and external stakeholders.
- Liaise with the digital library third-party software provider as required.
- Enable accurate referencing and retrieval of source material, enquiries and meeting notes.
- Operate office systems to process work, index and maintain accurate, searchable records.
- Support technical standards development and technical communications, including provision of technical content into the monthly journal, through quality information retrieval.
- Resolve information enquiries from both internal and external sources, providing written, face to face or telephone responses as appropriate.
To be considered for this role, you will need the following skills and experience:
- Working with libraries, archives or complex information/document management systems.
- Ideally a background in managing digital repositories and familiar with navigating technical language.
- A motivated and positive individual with excellent attention to detail and a strong aptitude in understanding and applying quality and compliance measures.
- Confident and credible.
- Comfortable liaising with industry, academics and Government stakeholders.
CB Resourcing operates as both an employment agency and an employment business. Applicants will need to be able to provide us with proof of their eligibility to work in the UK on request.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to Tracey South at email@example.com.
The closing date for applications is midday on Monday 16th March 2020.