Director of Knowledge Management Systems, global law firm
Superb opportunity! Global law firm requires a Director of Knowledge Systems to lead its central Knowledge Management team, ensuring the Knowledge systems support the Firm's business objectives whilst operating efficiently as possible. The role-holder will be accountable for promoting knowledge systems and use globally, whilst leading in firmwide initiatives. This role has both strategic and operational responsibilities.
- Advising the Knowledge Development Partner and the Knowledge Committee in relation to the implementation of the Firm's knowledge strategy.
- Implementation of the Firm's knowledge strategy and accountability for the Knowledge systems to deliver against this.
- Management and development of the central Knowledge Systems Team and ensure Product Managers are aligned to the Firm's Knowledge strategy.
- Collaborating closely with the wider IT function. and the IT Product Management teams in particular to drive a vision and plan to capture developments and trends in the Knowledge Management space.
- Through internal communication channels, and building a network, you will drive the promotion of the Firm's global systems, articulating the return on investment, while demonstrating the benefits to the Firm and its clients.
- The role holder will develop creative solutions to ensure engagement of end users and ensuring consistent approach to usage, training, and adoption.
- Accountability for global Knowledge Management systems projects and developing a network of affiliated role holders globally to ensure that tools and processes are implemented effectively across the Firm.
- The role-holder will have responsibility for large local projects where appropriate.
- Ownership and responsibility for the central Knowledge Management systems budget.
- Ownership of the Firm's global Knowledge Management systems.
To be considered for this role you will need the following skills and experience
- Experience of a senior Knowledge role within professional services is essential.
- Strong understanding of technologies applicable for Knowledge Management applications.
- Demonstrate transferable experience in the ability to understand the needs of the lawyers and business services community in relation to accessing knowledge. Good understanding and prior experience of building a Knowledge culture in a professional services firm.
- Demonstrate in-depth understanding of law firm practice and culture.
- Strong line management experience
- Budget management experience.
- Project Management experience; of projects across multiple locations.
CB Resourcing operates as both an employment agency and an employment business. Applicants will need to be able to provide us with proof of their eligibility to work in the UK on request.