Data Platform Engineer
As part of a group-wide IT transformation programme, an industry leader in the financial services sector has requirement for Data Platform Engineers to join their team and help execute this programme.
This represents an opportunity to join and make a real impact at a point where the project is still essential at green field stage.
The core responsibilities and objectives of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Deliver a cloud based big data platform for their engineers to build solid solutions onto, bringing data closer to users, and enabling them to cascade down the data in bold and creative ways.
- Evolve standard methodologies and adopt new methodologies as the programme progresses.
- Work closely with other technology teams to design and implement robust products, services and capabilities for the data platform making use infrastructure as code and automation.
- Build and support platforms to enable data engineers and data scientists to build cloud based big data platforms.
- Create patterns, common ways of working, and standardised guidelines to ensure consistency across the organisation.
Suitable candidates will need to have the following skills and experience:
- Strong knowledge of AWS and cloud based systems are key of course, as is firm understanding of, and experience with networks and security in a cloud based environment.
- Experience of CI/CD using tools such as Jenkins/Bamboo/AWS
- Experience of using CodePipeline/AWS Code Commit and using configuration management using tools such as Ansible, Puppet/Chef and code repositories based on GIT.
- Coding skills in Python, Scala and or Java.
- An expert in the strengths and limitations of data structures, Big Data knowledge is a must have.
- Experience with object oriented and functional design, coding, and testing patterns as well as experience in engineering software platforms and large-scale data infrastructures.