Business Researcher (one year contract)
Sept/Oct start! Business Researcher required by financial services organisation to join a team that undertakes unsupervised, in-depth and often complex research into various sectors, entities and markets relating to the bank’s countries and areas of operation. Researchers use a wide range of online and market data sources to identify, verify and filter relevant information in consultation with bankers, economists and other professional staff within the bank.
The team also conducts searches into the identity, reputation, and commercial interests of all parties with whom the bank intends to conduct business, and monitors parties in connection with Banking projects, as part of the bank’s integrity and risk management process.
- Conduct in-depth research into sector and product related data to identify major players, market share, potential investment opportunities and trends
- Conduct M&A research and bond research. Identify relevant and current broker/equity research for use by bankers, extracting relevant data from multiple reports as required
- Identify and collate data providing an overview of how certain markets are developing in their countries of operation, and source macro-economic, country, statistical and demographic data for use by economists and others in the bank
- Liaise with colleagues about work allocation to help ensure that work volumes are managed equally and effectively
- Advise and guide bank staff undertaking their own research to ensure they make effective and efficient use of the data sources available
- Deliver induction sessions to Bank staff, contribute content to the department’s intranet presence, and otherwise support users in accessing data and information
- Evaluate and assess existing and potential information sources to ensure that they meet business needs
- Provide feedback to data providers to help ensure their services continue to develop in line with the bank’s requirements
- Maintain an accurate and comprehensive audit trail of all research requests so that any future queries raised can be answered
- Ensure that metrics are compiled to support management and other reporting
- Develop client relations with bank staff ensuring that services continue to meet business needs
- Constantly review the opportunities to streamline and improve research processes and investigate potential improvements
To be considered for this role you will need the following skills and experience:
- Relevant Bachelor degree, ideally combined with a postgraduate or other professional qualification in information management
- Extensive experience (probably gained in an investment bank, major corporate, multinational or international organization) of conducting in-depth market related research using a wide variety of business information sources
- Knowledge of, and interest in, emerging market economies and related data sources
- Good awareness of financial markets and how they work
- Knowledge of corporate structures, corporate finance and M&A
- In-depth knowledge of market data and other information sources, for example Factiva, BvD, EMIS, rating agencies and Refinitiv Eikon.
- Ability to maximize use and benefit of multiple platforms / media / data sources
- Highly developed information mining and retrieval skills
- Enquiring and analytical mind with ability to assimilate facts quickly and effectively
- Ability to exercise judgment and analytical skills gained through experience and based on knowledge of information sources
- Excellent time management and ability to multi-task under pressure
- Ability to operate in an environment with continuously changing priorities, and finalise work quickly and accurately
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly literate with excellent writing skills
CB Resourcing operates as both an employment agency and an employment business. Applicants will need to be able to provide us with proof of their eligibility to work in the UK on request.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and contact details for a confidential discussion about this position.