Business Researcher – 12 month FTC
New in! A leading global law firm requires a Business Researcher to join their global team to support fee earners and support staff in respect of their research and resource requirements, encompassing legal, business and financial work. The research covers basic research to more in-depth and bespoke projects. You will be required to partner with stakeholders in the business in order to identify and anticipate their needs and then develop new research solutions.
Role and responsibilities:
- Using a variety of sources to provide considered, comprehensive information to the firm, this involves reading, analyzing and writing reports as required.
- Interviewing requesters to understand the scope of their needs and requirements.
- Selecting the appropriate sources – and on occasion identifying new sources – to address the needs of the user.
- Producing branded reports which provide in-depth analysis of client and/or sector activity.
- Scoping and producing bespoke pieces of research according to demand.
- Completing requests for league tables, business and markets research.
- Providing research support to external clients either on an ad hoc or project basis.
- Identifying opportunities to use the firm's information assets to develop new branded reports as the business requires.
- Providing recommendations on research approach and the merits of using different data sets in support of firmwide initiatives, new business opportunities and other projects.
- Building stakeholder engagement and then working with them to design and test new research products.
- Identifying key contributors and working with them to produce positive, efficient outcomes.
- Assessing the cost (both in data use and staff time) of products and then evaluating them and making recommendations on their implementation.
- Producing user guides to aid the transfer of knowledge to others, and providing advice and support in the roll out of new products.
To be considered for this role you will need the following skills and experience:
- Must be a credible, capable professional who is able to build and maintain productive relationships with senior lawyers and peers across the business.
- Must be able to promote the Global Research & Library Service to the firm.
- Contribute to the training of other members of staff and mentor them as required.
- Strong writing skills including the ability to abstract and summarize complex arguments.
- Numerical fluency and ability to present data in an effective fashion.
- Ability to build and develop relationships and have credibility at all levels of the organization.
- Keen commercial awareness.
- Excellent research skills and aptitude.
- Strong technical skills in key financial products, particularly Bloomberg and Thomson Financial products.
- Experience of creating reports using the functionality of Word.
- Competency in the use of Excel.
- Proactive approach with the ability to work on own initiative and manage own workload.
- At least five years relevant experience.