A university library has a temporary vacancy for a Library Assistant starting on 23rd September and continuing until the end of October. With a focus on collections, you will be assisting with the efficient and timely operation of the acquisitions and subscriptions processes.
- Using the Library Management system to place and record orders, receipts and invoices
- Providing assistance to the Document Delivery Team in regard to processing loan requests and answering enquiries
- Working with the Subscriptions Manager to ensure journals and electronic resources are managed effectively
- Collating and organising usage data
- Administering purchase, renewal and cancellation of subscriptions and books in liaison with relevant teams
- Liaising with academic staff and programme administrators to support and maintain reading lists
- Working with other service teams to ensure that student enquiries are promptly and accurately resolved
- Assisting with a weeding / auditing project (there will be a significant amount of manual handling for this aspect of the role)
To be considered for this position candidates will need to have had experience of working in a library within higher education and, in particular, working with Talis Reading Lists, Moodle and purchasing via online systems.