A leading regional law firm is looking for librarian to manage their information service. This role is based in the East Midlands to start as soon as possible.
The role will involve the following:
- Developing an effective strategy that meets the business needs of the firm and its practice groups.
- Managing a small team.
- Negotiating contracts with suppliers for information resources.
- Managing a budget.
- Maintaining a good understanding and knowledge of relevant legal and business resources so as to undertake in-depth legal and business research
- Promoting resources and information services.
- Organising training for new joiners and trainees.
- Maintaining and developing the library management and cataloguing system.
- Managing the hard copy collections.
- Maintaining and developing the intranet.
- Reviewing and developing processes to ensure the continued efficient running of the service
- Working on projects.
- Developing policies and procedures.
- Working with teams to develop client and industry facing information resources such as competitive intelligence reports and horizon scanning services.
In order to be considered for this role, you will ideally have experience managing a law library or information service.
CB Resourcing operates as both an employment agency and an employment business. Applicants will need to be able to provide us with proof of their eligibility to work in the UK upon request.