Research and analysis have always been important skills but with the development of new technologies and the ease of publishing and accessing information these skills have become important to most organisations today. The rise of big data and artificial intelligence solutions have had a marked impact in this sector for external research and intelligence gathering whilst federated search solutions that run across corporate systems for gathering internal intelligence have markedly impacted how skills are used and company intelligence is developed and gathered.
With all of this change and technological development careers are more varied and job vacancies have developed in a variety of areas. Job roles can include research techniques for primary research such as interviews, focus groups, surveys as well as needing to be backed up by strong secondary research skills - knowing where to look and search, what sources are reliable and how to verify data gathered. Deep analysis skills along with strong communication and report writing skills are also needed with an ability to understand and interpret data, test reliability and communicate that to those that need it in a suitable format.
CB Resourcing works with many of the world’s leading analyst research houses, strategy consultancies, professional services firms as well as major corporates providing people skilled in quantitative and qualitative research and analysis.
Typical roles have included:
· Head of Research
· Thought Leadership Research Manager, global professional services firm
· Thought Leadership Economist
· Director of Analysis, magic circle law firm
· Senior Analyst
· Research Manager IOT, boutique research house
· TMT Research Manager, global professional services firm
· Financial Services Research Lead, global professional services firm
· Business Development Researcher, private equity firm
· Competitive Intelligence Analyst, magic circle law firm
· Consumer Electronics Analyst, global electronics analyst research house
· Oncology Market Research Lead, global life science analyst research house
· Automotive Knowledge Expert, strategy consultancy